Pork Escalopes With Lemon, Garlic And Rosemary…
How To Make Pork Escalopes With Lemon, Garlic And Rosemary:
You will need :
- 4 slices gluten-free white bread, whizzed into fine breadcrumbs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp cornflour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 100 g pork fillet slices
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Make:
The tenderness and delicate favour of pork fillet contrasts beautifully with the crisp herby breadcrumb coating. Serve these delicious escalopes with a lightly dressed green salad.
- Blend the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, garlic and rosemary in a food processor until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper, and spread over the bottom of a large, shallow dish.
- Sprinkle the seasoned cornflour over the bottom of a separate dish, and pour the beaten egg into another.
- For the pork escalopes, first place the pork fillets between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper, then use a rolling pin or the base of a pan to fatten to 3 mm thick.
- Next, press both sides of each pork escalope in the four, cover in beaten egg and finally coat both sides in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Gently shake each breaded escalope to remove any loose crumbs, and place on a large dish ready for frying.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan. Fry 2 pork escalopes at a time, for 4–5 minutes on each side until the breadcrumb crust is golden and crisp, and the juices run clear when the pork is pierced with a skewer. Serve immediately.
*Recipe and recipe photography by The Genius Gluten-Free Cookbook by Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne (Vermillion, RRP £14.99).*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Pork Escalopes With Lemon, Garlic And Rosemary recipe?
Fancy trying it?