Slurpy Salad : Making kids meal look a bit more exciting can help picky eaters tuck into new foods. Whilst it might be a bit much to create a cartoon scene for every meal, maybe spirals and ribbons will do the trick.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breast cut into finger width slices
- 2tbsp mango chutney (non spicy)
- 8tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot, spiralized or shredded
- ⅓ cucumber, spiralized or shredded
- 1 Cos lettuce , sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ tbsp mango chutney
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Mango chutney to serve
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Put the Chicken pieces in a bowl and toss with the mango chutney until all of the chicken is well coated. Put the breadcrumbs in a bag, add the chicken pieces and shake the bag well so that each piece of chicken has a covering. Drizzle a little oil in the bottom of an oven tray, tip in the chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks make the salad. Put the prepared veg into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat together the mango chutney, oil and vinegar and season. Mix well then drizzle over the vegetables. Toss to cover the veg in dressing and divide between plates.
- Once this chicken is cooked divide between the plates and serve with some extra chutney for dipping. Let the kids roll it all up in a wrap or serve with wedges
Note: You can freeze half of the chicken once its coated in breadcrumbs. When you’re ready to cook it, roast in an oiled tray in the oven at 200C for 12-15 minutes.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Make More Of Salad*
*No Payment was received*