How is your week going so far?
Fancy making these yummy strawberries and raspberry mousses?
This easy to prepare summer dessert can be made up to 2 days ahead.
Just keep it chilled until you are ready to serve.
A few little shortbread biscuits served alongside would slip down a treat!
How To Make Strawberry And Raspberry Mousses:
You will need:
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 250g ripe strawberries, hulled
- 250g raspberries
- 150ml Belvoir Summer Fruits Cordial
- 25g icing sugar
- 400ml double cream
Equipment: 6 glasses
Preparation time: 20mins + cooling
How to Make;
- Place the gelatine leaves in a jug of cold water and leave to soak for 5 mins. Reserve a handful of fruits to decorate. Place the strawberries and raspberries in a pan with the cordial and icing sugar and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 3-4 mins until the fruit are soft. Remove from the heat and press the mixture through a sieve to remove all the seeds. Then return to the pan and add the soaked gelatine, it should melt into the hot puree straight away. Pour into a shallow bowl and leave to cool.
- When cold the mixture should start to thicken as the gelatine begins to set. Now it is time to whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Add about a quarter of the cream to the fruit mixture and briskly stir until it is blended in. Now add the remaining cream and gently fold it into the mixture. Divide between six glasses and chill for at least 2 hours or longer if time allows. To serve, decorate with the reserved fruits.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Belvoir *
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Strawberry And Raspberry Mousses?
Fancy trying some?
Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.