We love smoothies and milkshakes here.
My latest obsession is adding oats into them!!
Breakfast smoothies, how yummy!!
How To Make A Summer Fruits Breakfast Smoothie:
- 200 ml Semi skimmed milk
- 4 Heaped tablespoons of oats
- 4 Heaped tablespoons of frozen mixed Summer berries. I used Cherries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blackcurrants.
- 1 Large banana
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of peanut butter (optional)
How To Make:
- I use 2 smoothie bottle; first I add the oats into a smoothie bottle and blend until fine.
- In my second bottle, I add the milk and frozen berries. Blend together until smooth. Sieve the fruit milk to remove all summer berries pips.
- Pour the fruit milk into the oats and shake well. For the thicker smoothie, I place this into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Chop the banana and add with the peanut butter to a smoothie.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve straight away!!
I have been having these smoothies after our morning walk/runs with Mollie the Collie. They are great to make quickly when you are rushing around.
Do you like adding oats or any other breakfast cereals into smoothies?