Are you looking for a nice and tasty recipe to try out today?
Summer gnocchi with avocado pesto and tomatoes anyone? A fresh, fragrant and simple summertime dish.
Preparation and cooking: 15 minutes
How To Make Summer Gnocchi With Avocado Pesto And Tomatoes:
- 1 ripe avocado, such as Hass, halved, pitted and peeled
- A large bunch of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g blanched almonds, pine nuts or walnuts
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g pack ready-to-cook gnocchi
- 100g baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese shavings, to serve
How To Make:
- Put the avocado flesh into a blender. Reserve a few basil leaves for garnish and put the rest into the blender with the garlic, nuts, lemon juice and olive oil. Blend for about 20 seconds until smooth, adding a little water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi according to pack instructions. Drain well, return to the saucepan and add the pesto sauce and tomatoes. Heat, stirring gently, for 1-2 minutes.
- Share between 2 warmed plates or bowls and sprinkle with extra black pepper and the reserved basil leaves. Serve with the Parmesan shavings.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Peruvian Avocados *
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Summer Gnocchi With Avocado Pesto And Tomatoes recipe?
Fancy trying this recipe out?
You might also like:
Avocado, Quinoa And Radish Salad:
Are you looking for a healthy and tasty salad recipe to try out?
Fancy trying this avocado, quinoa and radish salad out for lunch?
This super salad combines smooth and creamy avocado with light and crunchy quinoa, radish and green beans.