Fancy making your own juice?
How about making some blackberry and roasted apple juice drinks? Yeap, roasted apples whizzed up with some blackberries and a few more ingredients. Delicious. Tasty. Fresh. Healthy.
How to make Blackberry and Roasted Apple Juice:
You will need:
- 3 medium eating apples (approx. 300g)
- 1 tbsp runny honey, plus extra to taste
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g blackberries, rinsed and tidied
- 100ml apple juice brown sugar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Peel and core the apples – Cox’s are good – then cut them in chunks. Tip in to a bowl, drizzle over a tablespoonful of honey and the vanilla extract and stir well to coat.
- Scatter the apple chunks in a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice to make sure they are evenly browned, then remove the tray from the oven.When they are cool, place in a blender with the blackberries and the apple juice. Blend and taste for sweetness, adding brown sugar or extra honey if you think it’s needed.
- For a smoother juice, pass the mixture through a sieve. If you feel it’s too thick, add more apple juice and stir through or blitz to combine.
Guest post credits: Bills Restaurant. No Payment was received for this post.
Have you made your own juice drinks before?
Fancy making this blackberry and roasted apple juice recipe up?
Love you to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Do not forget to follow me too, to keep updated and never miss a post.
Got a recipe to share? Why not link up your own recipes to one of the blog hops I host each week.Creative Mondays, The Wednesday Blog Hop and Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop.Or maybe join all three!