I love apple pie. They remind me of my Grandma. When I was little you would never go to my Grandmas house without being offered a slice of home made apple pie. Delicious.
Today I am sharing a Butterscotch Apple Pie. How yummy?
Time 50 minutes
Per portion: 467 Kcal
27g fat (13g saturated)
How to make butterscotch apple pie:
You will need:
- Light muscovado sugar 75g (3oz)
- Golden syrup 1 tbsp
- Butter 75g (3oz)
- Cornflour 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Cooking apples 900g (2lb), peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- Ready-rolled sweet dessert pastry 320g pack
- Milk to brush
- Caster sugar 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°fan/Gas 6.
- Put the muscovado sugar, syrup and butter in a pan and heat gently until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Mix the cornflour with the lemon juice and add to the sauce. Heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Put the apples in a pie dish and pour over the butterscotch sauce.
- Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out a lid for the pie and a long strip of pastry about 1cm (½in) wide. Dampen the rim of the pie dish and put the strip of pastry around it. Dampen the pastry strip and cover with the pastry lid.
- Use any trimmings to make decorations. Make a slit in the top, brush with milk and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
The recipe is taken from Dairy Diary Favourites cookbook, which celebrates 35 years of much-loved Dairy Diary recipes. See Dairy Diary for more information. No payment was received.
Do you love apple pie too?
Do you have any fond memories to share?
What do you think of this recipe? Fancy giving it a try?
Would love you to share your thoughts in the comments below.