Chargrilled Paprika Lemon Chicken anyone?
This recipe for butterfly chicken with paprika and lemon ensures the chicken is chargrilled and crispy on the outside, and soft and juicy on the inside.
Accompanied by crunchy slaw and fresh lemon, it’s a perfect summer supper or will be a welcome addition to the barbecue spread.
How To Make Chargrilled Paprika Lemon Chicken:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 small chickens or poussins, boned and butterflied (or ask your butcher to do it)
- 3 lemons, cut into halves
- 30ml cold pressed rapeseed oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Bunch of mint
- Bunch of coriander
- 120ml Bill’s Dressing, or your favourite salad dressing
- Handful of baby kale
- 195g garlic mayonnaise
For the spice mix:
5g each of paprika, chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cumin and coriander, mixed together.
For the couscous:
- 240ml vegetable stock
- 300g giant couscous
- 3 tsp rapeseed oil
For the pink coleslaw:
- 100g carrots, grated
- 100g white cabbage, finely slices
- 100g celeriac, julienne
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 100g pink or red cabbage, finely sliced
- 30g kale leaves
- Salt and pepper, to season
How To Make:
- Prepare the couscous by bringing the vegetable stock to the boil. Toss the dry couscous with the oil in a large bowl until it coats every grain. Pour the hot stock over the couscous and stir well, cover with clingfilm and allow to sit for 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, chargrill the lemon halves on a griddle pan or barbecue for a few minutes and set aside.
- Rub the oil, salt, pepper and the spice mix into the chickens. Cook for a few minutes either side on the griddle pan or barbeque. Then place in the oven to cook for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Leave to rest for 5-10 mins before cutting into halves.
- Remove the clingfilm on the couscous and fluff with a fork. Mix the pink slaw with the mint, coriander and the couscous and add the Bill’s dressing, or alternative salad dressing. Place the chicken on a plate, add the slaw mix and garnish with the kale leaves and grilled lemon. Lastly, spoon on the mayonnaise and serve outside, if the weather allows it!
Recipe c/o: Bill’s is serving the chargrilled paprika lemon chicken as part of its new summer menu, available at restaurants nationwide: Bills Restaurant.