Are you looking for a nice and tasty salad idea? Something yummy for lunch?
How about trying this Chicken Shashlik Salad?
Whether you’re barbecuing or grilling, this Greek inspired dish is a real crowd pleaser. Tasty succulent chicken pieces with fresh butterhead lettuce, ripe tomatoes and avocado, this dish will transport you to the Mediterranean.
Chicken and shallots marinated in an oil, honey, cumin and garlic sauce for 20 minutes.Then cooked on a BBQ. Served with a lettuce, avocado, cucumber and tomato salad and lemon dressing. So tasty.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
How to make a Chicken Shashlik Salad:
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
- 8 small shallots, peeled and halved (or quartered if they are large)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4tsp honey
- 1tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 butterhead lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cucumber
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon
- 4 flatbreads or large wraps
What to do:
- Put the chicken chunks and shallots into a bowl and drizzle with half the oil, honey, cumin and garlic. Toss well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if you’re using wooden kebab sticks soak them in water and light the BBQ. Shred the lettuce, slice the avocado and cucumber and halve the tomatoes.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice with the remaining oil and season.
- Thread the meat and shallots onto 8 kebab sticks and when the BBQ is ready to use, cook them for 10-15 minutes turning frequently.
Recipe and recipe photography by Make More Of Salad.No Payment was received.
What do you think of this recipe?
Fancy making up this Chicken Shashlik Salad for lunch or dinner?
Perfect for a bbq or dinner party too.
Share your thoughts below.
Why not pin to your salad boards on Pintresttotry out another day?