Country Kitchen Makeover Plans..

Over the years; when I decorate a room in the house I like to complete it as fast as I can. I hate decorating and all the mess that goes with it. I like to get the whole room finished asap!!

The end result is usual looks nice, very clean, acceptable, modern and OK I suppose!!Never the WOW factor or I love it!!

Country Kitchen Makeover Plans.

I have always wanted a nice country cottage and mostly a country cottage kitchen. Can you archive this look in a modern house!?

I love the mixture of old and new.

Shabby and chic.

Modern and vintage.

Modern with a vintage twist!!

I love the thought of my kitchen being full of things on a Welsh dresser.

Baking things on shelves being in reach instead of having to get on my hands and knees to eventually find something right at the back of my cupboard.

Everything having a place and things being where you can see them and reach them when you want them.

Everything new being done on a shoe string too !!

I love old things : vintage plates, cake stands, china cups and saucers glass jars etc.

I am now planning my country kitchen makeover. It will involve open plan shelves, lot of things easy to reach, polka dots, pine and hopefully a cottage feel to it.

I also love old crates.

Some of the things I will be on the look out for over the next few months:

Any tips to get the perfect country cottage kitchen?

I will share my progress here….

32 responses to “Country Kitchen Makeover Plans..”

1. Tamar SB says:

Exciting! I am partial to the sleek open style kitchens. Can't wait to see your new kitchen!

2. vanity andme says:

Sounds lovely Claire. I love country kitchens (I loved Kirsties Home. Did you watch it?) I also love collecting fine dainty china too xwww.vanityandmestyle.com

3. Dean B says:

I'm like you, I love country kitchens and would so love a make-over too. We've just moved into our house and don't really have the extra budget to do it up. I don't mind really, I love it. Our kitchen is the oldest part of our house (about 400 years old!). We need new cupboards and would love a big range, but that will have to wait. Excited to see the end product of yours!

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Oh wow Dean, I bet you house is lovely. I am the same, I would love to buy a whole new kitchen but they are so expensive, also expensive to have fitted.

4. Jessica Powell says:

I love the sound of this – especially the vintage crockery, etc! We always have a battle in the kitchen, because I like patterns and kitsch, while my other half just wants everything to be plain and white… x

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Hehe, reminds me of us. My husband always says why do we need all the odd china cups " because I love them, I reply" 🙂

5. Cathy says:

It sounds like the perfect kitchen to me Claire, I would love a big ceramic sink xx

6. Joanna Victoria -x says:

Exciting sounds like a fab project. I love the look of cosy country homes.

7. Margarett Murphy says:

Like the sound of that ….good luck

8. Evelina says:

Sounds like a perfect kitchen! Can't wait to see the photos when you are done.

9. newcastle familylife says:

I am the same as you when it comes to decor, I have great ideas but hate the whole mess and just want it done quick. My home is ok, pretty plain and boring though and not how I want it to be. Good luck with your new kitchen xx

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Aww, thank you lovely. My head is full of different ideas for the full house but I better just start in the kitchen :):)

10. Stella Olojola says:

Fab post. I hate the mess that comes with decorating too.

11. Jayne SMABL says:

How exciting! I love a good room makeover. I've always wanted a big island in the kitchen, and eventually new units, but money permitting.I look forward to following your project 🙂

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thanks Jayne, whoo you will like my first post when I eventually finish this part! i am up cycling my old cupboards, got the electric saw out and I have made an island. Maybe a few weeks until I get this sort though. Bit by bit so I'm not to stressed 🙂

12. Melanie Ed says:

I hate the mess of decorating although decorating is quite exciting.

13. Kara Guppy says:

I so love a country kitchen but I would love a brand spanking new modern one

14. Carol @Comfort Spring Station says:

Sounds wonderful – try white cabinets with an island with a beautiful wood top. Would that give you the pine look? Maybe the island could be made of old pine. Wall room to display a few favorite pieces of old china, cups, etc.

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thank you carol, I am recycling some old cabinets in a Island and adding new to match this. I have gone with pine tops and black shiny doors. I think pine tops look beautiful 🙂

15. beautyqueenuk says:

OOh how wonderful, I do love old style kitchens and a country kitchen with Kitsch china would be amazing x

16. maries beauties says:

Beautiful post hun! I would love an old style kitchen like that, mine is boring! Love the old china accessories too! x