Over 40 Fashion. Food. Fitness. Family. Lifestyle Blogger.

Day’s Out : Skegness…

How quickly has the six weeks holiday gone by? Back to school for mine next week.

We have been out and about all over the country. Having lots of fun out and about.

One day me and my daughter went out for a girls only day out. Just me and her. It was lovely.

We were wondering where to go and my daughter picked the beach!! The nearest beach to us is in Skegness, a 3-hour train ride away. My mum and dad have a caravan there so it was a good reason to go and visit them.

How nice is it getting out on the train and not having to worry about all the stress of driving?Especially when you get to the beach you can alway guarantee ques of cars trying to get into anywhere.

We texted grandma and grandad to say we were on the train and coming to visit them. A good job or they would have been out for the day. ( like they were the time after this visit when my son came with us!).

My parents met us off the train and took us to have a look at their new caravan. My mum made us some lunch and then it was time to go to sea the sea!!

The weather has been amazing throughout the Summer holidays and it was lovely to see the sand so full. We love the beach and wish we could visit more often.

My daughter loved it here and would have stayed all day if we let her. She loves it here.

A few hours on the beach, ice cream, doughnuts, chips and a visit to the slots them 3 hours home on the train. It was tiring but so much fun. We had a great time altogether.

The link up:

Linking up our Day’s Out in Skegness Summer Holiday fun with Coombe Mill for Country Kids.

20 responses to “Day’s Out : Skegness…”

1. Coombe Mill says:

Oh Clio would have loved this, just the total time out with you and your parents and the benefit of sunshine and the beach too. It has been a great summer with a good sunny day in every week of the holidays. Looks like you picked a great day for your visit and what a fun beach it is with the amusements and sand and sea. A day to remember for you both.Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

• Clairejustine oxox says:

Thanks Fiona, M daughter loved it as a one off and will remember it for years to come :)Thanks for hosting and stopping by 🙂

2. Kim Carberry says:

It sounds like a fab day out. Great that you and your girl got to spend some time together! It sounds well worth the long train journey x

3. Tamar SB says:

How fun!

4. Heather{Our Life In a Click} says:

How nice that your parents have a caravan by the beach! Lucky ladies!! It looks like the perfect beach day!

5. Laura Yoder says:

Oh my goodness I'm sure that was such a fun day! Your daughter is adorable!!!Laurawww.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

6. Steph Martin says:

Oh what a lovely day! We visited Skegness and few years ago and must go back with the girls one day. Looks like you had a great weather too and must have been nice to visit your parents while you were there 🙂 #countrykids

7. Louise Fairweather says:

Love Skegness. We went last week. Always go when we visit my parents #countrykids

8. pixiedusk says:

Looks so amazing there! My son would live at the beach too if I let him =P#countrykids

9. Keitha says:

How nice to have your parents there to visit! Looks like a lovely day at the beach. #countrykids

10. pinkoddy says:

I used to love Skegness as a kid. Good you could get a train up, even if it was a long journey. Handy your parents having a caravan too. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the lovely summer. #countrykids

11. Aly says:

We had so much planned this summer but didn't do everything we wanted to do.I would spend as time on the beach if we lived nearer.