Fancy making some cookies anyone?
Love ginger? How about making these ginger flavoured ones?
Introducing Canderel Sugarly Ginger Cookies! Yummy!!
Light and spiced with warming ginger and a hint of citrus!
Makes 25-30 cookies | Prep 20 mins | Cook 10 mins
How to make ginger cookies:
You will need:
- 125g/4oz extra light spread
- 50g/2oz Canderel Sugarly Stevia
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. raw runny honey
- 3 balls stem ginger, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g/7oz plain flour, sieved
- 1 tsp baking powder, sieved
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda, sieved
- 1 tsp ground ginger, sieved
You will need 2 large baking sheets, lined with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to gas 5/190C (170C in a fan oven), in the food mixer, beat together the light spread and Canderel Sugarly Stevia until pale and fluffy.
- In another bowl mix together the egg, honey, stem ginger and lemon zest and juice and in another bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger.
- Now slowly add a little of the wet mixture to the food mixer, beating as you go then add a little of the dry mixture. Continue adding like this until mixture comes together then cover and put it in the fridge for 2 hours to chill if time permits. If not bake straight away, add a tsp of cookie mixture on to the baking sheet, leaving space for spreading.
- Put in the oven and bake for 8-10 mins until pale golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Make the mixture ahead, spoon onto a baking sheet and leave in the fridge overnight ready to put in the oven when required.
Recipe and recipe photography by Canderel Sugarly. No Payment was received.
What do you think?
Fancy making any of these ginger cookies?
Let me know what you think?