Kale Salad With Almond Ginger Dressing. A light and zesty salad, packed with healthy ingredients, and perfect for long lazy lunches or packed away for a summer picnic.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
How To Make Kale Salad With Almond Ginger Dressing:
- 2 courgettes, sliced into strips
- 3 red peppers, sliced into strips
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 180g kale leaves
- 120g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 12 whole radishes, cut into quarters
- 300g quinoa, cooked according to packet instructions
- 480g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 120g red onion
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Pinch of sesame seeds
- Pinch of flaked almonds
For the almond and ginger dressing:
- 60g fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, halved
- 50g ground almonds
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 10ml tamari soy sauce
- 20ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Juice of half a lemon
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°c. Lay the courgette and red pepper on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, roast for 15-20 minutes and then drain on a paper towel.
- Create the dressing by placing the ginger, garlic and 1 tbsp water into a blender and pulse to form a smooth paste. Add the almonds, vinegar, tamari soy sauce, maple syrup and oil and blend again. Add water 1 tbsp at a time until the consistency resembles runny houmous.
- Place the kale in a bowl and dress with the ginger and almond dressing. Add the cabbage, radish, quinoa, chickpeas, red onions and salt and pepper and toss well. Divide among two salad bowls, piling the mixture high. Top with the roasted courgette, roasted pepper and avocado.
- Toast the sesame seeds and flaked almonds in a dry pan for a few minutes and add to the salad.
Recipe courtesy of:
Bill’s is serving the superfood kale salad as part of its new summer menu, available at restaurants nationwide:Bills Restaurant.
*No Payment was received for this post*