Cooking time: 30 mins
How To Make Kedgeree:
You will need:
- Young’s Boneless Smoked Haddock Fillets
- 350g easy cook, long grain rice
- 600ml water
- 300ml milk
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- A handful of chopped parsley
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a large pan, add the onion and gently fry until softened. Add each of the spices, season well with salt and continue to fry off until the mix starts to turn brown.
- Add the rice and stir together well. Add the water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes. Take the pan off of the heat and leave for 10-15 minutes, keeping covered. Poach the Young’s Smoked Haddock Fillets in milk, along with the bay leaves, as per the on pack instructions.
- Remove the fillets from the milk, and peel away the skin. Crumble the fish into chunky flakes.
- Place the eggs into a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Leave for 5 minutes, before placing them into cold water for a few seconds, peel and cut into quarters.
- Mix the fish, eggs, parsley and rice gently together in a pan. Serve immediately, with a few extra herbs sprinkled on top.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Young’s Seafood*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Kedgeree recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Cod Fillets, Roasted Vegetables And Sauce Vierge:
Fancy trying this Cod Fillets, Roasted Vegetables And Sauce Vierge recipe?
Prawn, Avocado And Mango Salad:
Fancy trying out this Summer prawn, avocado and mango salad out?
As always, share your comments below. They make my day!