Are you looking for a nice and tasty breakfast recipe?
Something nice and healthy?
Full of fruit?
Lacto-fermented Sunny Bircher muesli with yogurt and blueberries anyone?
How To Make Lacto-fermented Sunny Bircher Muesli With Yogurt And Blueberries:
Makes 5-8 portions
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Soaking time 12 hours minimum
You will need :
- 100g oats
- 2 tbsp. mixed dried tropical fruit, you can buy this from the supermarket, it has dried pineapple, mango and banana), roughly chopped.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- Handful of brazil nuts roughly chopped
- 350ml Arla milk
- 250ml good quality apple juice
- 1 grated apple
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- a dash of all-natural vanilla extract to serve, per two portions
- 4-6 tablespoons of Bircher muesli
- 2-3 tablespoons thick yogurt
- a couple more slurps of Arla milk
- 6 tbsp of blueberries
How To Make:
- Mix all of the ingredients for the Bircher muesli together in a bowl and mix well. It will be too wet at this stage but the soaking process drinks up all that liquid and flavor. Now make sure its covered with cling or popped in a sealable container and place overnight in the fridge. This stores for 4-5 days.
- When you’re ready to eat, split the muesli between two breakfast bowls, top with skyr yogurt, a slurp of milk and then the fruit and serve straight away.
Arla – the farmer owned dairy company and as part of the Choose Goodness campaign, they have teamed up with TV chef, Gizzi Erskine, to produce a week of delicious, healthy breakfast recipes, guaranteed to shake up your morning routine.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Arla Skyr*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Lacto-fermented Sunny Bircher Muesli With Yogurt And Blueberries recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Let us know if you get to make this recipe.