Lebanese breakfast anyone?
Prep time 5 minutes
Cooking time 6 minutes
How To Make An Lebanese Breakfast:
- 2 free range eggs
- 200g Arla cottage cheese
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cucumber, quartered longways
- 2 vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes
- ½ tsp sumac
- a handful mint, finely chopped
- a drizzle of really good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 flat breads
How To Make:
- Pop the eggs in to boil. The perfect egg for this is a 6 minutes boil for a slightly gooey middle. Rinse them under cold water and peel, then dry and cut in half.
- Mixed the cottage cheese with the lemon zest and place between two plates making a well in the centre.
- Grill, griddle or toast 2 flat breads
- Between two plates add the halved eggs, cucumber and tomatoes and then top with the sumac, herbs, oil and plenty of black pepper and serve right away with the grilled breads
*Recipe and recipe photography by Arla Skyr*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Lebanese Breakfast recipe?
Fancy trying it?