Milk Chocolate Cupcakes.
Milk Chocolate Cupcakes. How yummy!?
By Primrose Bakery.
Whether it’s for a celebration, afternoon tea or just a well-deserved treat, you can’t beat these moist and creamy milk chocolate cupcakes, created by Primrose Bakery, one of London’s favourite bakeries.
Try adding chocolate hearts, curls, fruit or different flavours to these versatile treats that look as good as they taste!
How To Make Milk Chocolate Cupcakes:
Photo credit: Hilary Moore
Makes 20 cupcakes
- 85g soft unsalted butter
- 250g Fairtrade light brown sugar
- 165g Divine 38% Milk Chocolate Baking Bar, melted
- 4 eggs
- 250g self-raising flour
- 100ml whole milk
- 250g Divine 38% Milk Chocolate Baking Bar, melted
- 250g soft unsalted butter
- 600g Fairtrade icing sugar
- 50ml double cream
You’ll need two muffin or deep cupcake trays and cupcake liners in whatever colour you like
To Make The Cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line your cupcake cases with the paper liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar together using a hand held whisk or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate to the sugar and butter mixture and combine.
- Gradually incorporate the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly.
- Add the flour and the milk and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold the batter a few times in the bowl to reduce the amount of air in the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake cases until they are half full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool down fully
To Make The Buttercream Frosting:
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave in short bursts, ensuring you don’t overcook or burn the chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, add the softened butter, icing sugar and cream, beating with a handheld electric beater or stand mixer until smooth.
- Ice each cupcake with buttercream and decorate as desired with a chocolate heart, curl, or a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
To Make Chocolate Curls:
- Use a 100g bar of chocolate or half a 200g Baking Bar.
- Remove from the wrapper and place on a piece of kitchen paper, then microwave 1 minute on medium, turning the chocolate every 10 seconds. The bar should feel warm, but not melted.
- Place on a board flat side up and with a sharp, long knife, place the blade at an angle on to the chocolate and carefully pull the blade towards you to form a thin curl of chocolate. Turn the bar after each curl.
- If the curls are brittle, warm the chocolate as before for a few seconds. Place on a plate and chill the curls before using to decorate your cake
For something a bit different, why not try coring the cupcakes and filling them with raspberry jam? Ice with the buttercream and then top with a fresh raspberry.
Alternatively, fill the cupcakes with a spoonful or orange marmalade and add some fresh orange zest to the buttercream for a chocolate orange combination!
*Recipe and recipe photography by Divine Chocolate*
*No Payment was received*
For more cup cake ideas click here: Cupcake Recipes.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: