Love trifles here; do you?
If so, how about trying this pear & ginger trifle recipe out?
Time 25 minutes plus cooling
Per portion: 437 Kcal
30g fat (16g saturated)
How To Make A Pear & Ginger Trifle:
You will need:
- Pears 450g (1lb), peeled, cored and sliced
- Cider 150ml (¼ pint)
- Soft brown sugar 50g (2oz)
- Jamaica ginger cake ½ loaf, sliced
- Custard 450ml (¾ pint), cooled
- Double cream 250ml (9fl oz), whipped
- Orange and lime 1 of each, grated zest to decorate (optional)
- Put the pears in a pan with the cider and sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the pears are soft, then leave to cool.
- Arrange the ginger cake in a glass serving dish and pour the pears and cider over the top. Top with cooled custard and leave to set.
- Spoon whipped cream around the edge of the custard and sprinkle with orange and lime zest, if using. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe taken from Dairy Diary Favourites cookbook, which celebrates 35 years of much-loved Dairy Diary recipes.
See Dairy Diary for more information.
No payment was received.
What do you think of this Pear & Ginger Trifle?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Traditional Homemade Trifles:
We love making fun large or mini trifles recipes up for a special weekend treat, party idea or to share over Christmas.
Homemade trifles taste so good too, don’t you think?
They always remind me of Christmas as every year when I was little you could guarantee a nice big homemade trifle on our Christmas tea party table.
Then we would go to Grandmas house on Boxing day and she would have made one too.
What do you think?
Are you a big homemade trifle fan too?