Hello, happy Wednesday.
Are you thinking of Halloween baking and making some fun cakes with the children this year?
Maybe you have a bake sale coming up soon to cook for and looking for some fun ideas?
How fun are these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins? With Halloween just around the corner, they make a perfect treat.
Time 1¼ hrs
Fat 12g of which
7.1g is saturated
How To Make Pumpkin Streusel Muffins:
You will need:
- Butter 150g (5oz)
- Plain flour 300g (11oz)
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- Caster sugar 110g (4oz)
- Eggs 2 large, beaten
- Milk 200ml (7fl oz)
- Pumpkin 275g (10oz), peeled, deseeded and grated.
- Raisins 75g (3oz)
- Self-raising flour 50g (2oz)
- Demerara sugar 50g (2oz)
How To Make:
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°fan/Gas 5 and place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin. Melt 110g (4oz) butter.
- n a large mixing bowl sift plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon, then stir in caster sugar. Make a well in centre and pour in eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir until just combined, then fold in pumpkin and raisins. Spoon into muffin cases.
- In a separate bowl rub remaining butter into self-raising flour then stir in demerara sugar.
- Sprinkle over batter in cases then bake for 30-40 minutes until risen and golden.
- Leave in muffin tin for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe taken from Dairy Diary Favourites cookbook, which celebrates 35 years of much-loved Dairy Diary recipes.
See Dairy Diary for more information.
No payment was received.
What do you think of these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins?
Fancy making some this Halloween?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Don’t forget to let us know if you get to try these muffins.