Nearly the weekend, whoop whoo.
Do you have any fun plans?
Are you looking for a nice treat for the weekend?
How about making this Rustic Raspberry Crumble?
Raspberries and apples with a nice and tasty oatmeal crumble on top. Wha’s not to love!?
Time 40–50 minutes
Per portion: 593 Kcal
26g fat (15g saturated)
How to make a Rustic Raspberry Crumble:
You will need:
- Medium oatmeal 110g (4oz)
- Frozen raspberries 350g pack
- Cooking apples 450g (1lb), peeled, cored and sliced
- Soft light brown sugar 25g (1oz)
- Butter 110g (4oz)
- Plain flour 110g (4oz)
- Demerara sugar 110g (4oz)
- Vanilla ice cream, custard or cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°fan/Gas 6. Toast the oatmeal for 3-4 minutes in a dry non-stick pan until lightly browned. Cool.
- Gently stir together the raspberries, apples and brown sugar in a 1.25 litre (2 pint) ovenproof dish.
- In a bowl, rub together the butter, flour and oatmeal until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in most of the demerara sugar. Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit and press down lightly. Sprinkle with the remaining demerara sugar and bake for30–40 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot, with ice cream, custard or cream.
This recipe is taken from Dairy Diary Favourites cookbook, which celebrates 35 years of much-loved Dairy Diary recipes. See Dairy Diary for more information. No payment was received.
What do you think?
Fancy trying this Rustic Raspberry Crumble over the weekend?
Not a fan of raspberries? Or wanting something a little different? How about making this Pear & Cinnamon Crumbles? Whoo so tasty!
Why not try now or Pin on your Pinterest boards for a later date.
Love to hear your thoughts, you can share them below in the comment box.
Do not forget you can share your recipe with us too, every Monday at Creative Mondays blog hop.