Shredded Turkey Salad with Fresh Mint, Miso Kale, Flaked Almonds, Avocado and Pomegranate anyone?
How To Make Shredded Turkey Salad with Fresh Mint, Miso Kale, Flaked Almonds, Avocado and Pomegranate:
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g of kale
- 2 British turkey breasts
- 2 tsp of butter or coconut oil
- 15g of toasted flaked almonds
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped mint
How To Make:
- Add the miso, honey, sesame oil, vinegar and lemon juice to a medium bowl, whisking to combine. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Finely chop the kale into thin slithers and place in a large bowl, and drizzle over ¾ if the dressing. Using your hands, work the vinaigrette throughout the greens, tossing and massaging for 3 minutes until the kale wilts. The leaves should be glistening with vinaigrette, not swimming in it. Leave this to the side while you make the rest of the salad.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Season the turkey with salt and pepper and pan roast for 6 minutes each side until cooked through. Leave to the side to cool.
- Cut the avocado in chunks and dip in the rest of the dressing. Mix the avocado with the kale.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds and mix with the salad. Shred the turkey and mix in with the salad, throw over the flaked almond and freshly chopped mint and serve.
- Shredded Turkey Salad with fresh mint, miso kale, flaked almonds, avocado and pomegranate
601kcals, 37g fat, 8g saturated fat, 49g protein, 4.5g fibre, 15g carbohydrate, 11g added sugar, 1.7g salt
Guest post from Madeleine Shaw and British Turkey.
No payment was received.