Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns. Hello friends.
Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns, how yummy!!
Perfect for autumn – with all the right flavours for Halloween and Bonfire Night.Preparation 30 mins
Cooking 20-25 mins
How To Make Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns:
- 100g butter
- 110g Tate & Lyle Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 110g Lyle’s black treacle
- 175g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 150ml milk
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the Cinder Toffee:
- 50g butter
- 100g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 50g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 rounded tsp bicarbonate of soda
For The Topping:
- 150g cream cheese
Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns:
How To Make This Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Put 10 paper cup cake cases into a muffin tin.
- Put the butter, sugar and black treacle into a saucepan and heat gently until melted. Don’t allow the mixture to get too hot. Cool slightly.
- Sift the flour, salt and ginger into a mixing bowl. Add the melted mixture and beaten egg, stirring them in thoroughly.
- Heat the milk until lukewarm, then add the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the mixing bowl and stir well. Pour the mixture into a jug and share between the cake cases. Bake for 22-25 minutes until risen and firm. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the cinder toffee, grease a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil. Put the butter, caster sugar and syrup into a large saucepan (it MUST be large as the mixture increases in volume). Heat gently until melted. Increase the heat and cook, without stirring, for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Add the bicarbonate of soda, using a whisk to mix it in as it bubbles up. Take care, as the mixture is extremely hot! Pour onto the baking sheet and leave to cool.
- To finish the cakes, spread the cream cheese onto the cakes and top with broken-up pieces of cinder toffee.
Cook’s Tip: Prepare ahead by making the cinder toffee the day before.
Guest post from Tate & Lyle. No payment was received.
You Might Also Like: