Today I am sharing a recipe to save for Christmas!?
A little bit early, you can never be over-prepared for Christmas 😉
Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf.
More Turkey Curry?
If the answer is ‘No’ then this Christmas sandwich loaf is a much more interesting way of using up leftover turkey.
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus standing time
Cooking time: 0
How To Make A Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf:
- 1 circular loaf
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 6-8 long Cos Leaves
- 150g mozzarella, sliced
- jar roasted vegetables (Peppers, aubergines, courgettes etc)
- leftover turkey breast torn into pieces
What to do:
- Cut the top off the loaf approx ¼ the way down and pull the soft bread out of the centre to make a bowl shape of the crust with a 2cm layer of bread inside.
- Spread half of the cranberry sauce in a thin layer all over the inside of the bread bowl then layer half of the Cos leaves over the bottom, tearing them to fit. Add a layer of mozzarella then the roast veg then the turkey and top with the rest of the cranberry. Repeat this till the bread bowl is full. End with a layer of Cos leaves.
- Replace the lid and tightly wrap the whole thing in cling film and balance a can on top to weigh it down. Leave to firm up for 1-4 hrs. Cut into slices to serve.
Note: dry the roast veg and mozzarella on kitchen roll to avoid the bread getting too soggy.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Make More Of Salad*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf?
Fancy making one?
You can find lots more Christmas inspiration here: Christmas Recipes.
Don’t forget to let us know if you get to make this recipe.