Are you looking for a nice and tasty Dinner recipe?
How about this Turkey Schnitzel with Parsnip Chips?
How To Make Turkey Schnitzel with Parsnip Chips:
- 250g parsnips, peeled
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of thyme
- 50g buckwheat flour, rice flour or ground almonds
- 70g porridge oats
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 British turkey steaks
- salt and pepper
- 100g of rocket
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the parsnips into thin frîtes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter in a roasting tin, and toss the parsnips in this with a good grind of salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven until golden brown, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time. They will cook in 15–20 minutes, depending on your chip size.
- Put the flour or ground almonds in a bowl. Whisk the egg in another bowl. Put the oats, lemon zest and juice, thyme, smoked paprika, garlic and parsley in the food processor with a big pinch of salt and some pepper. Blitz for 3–4 minutes, or until broken down in to breadcrumb size. Pour this mixture into a third bowl and set aside.
- Grab the turkey steaks, bash with a rolling pin until they are just under 1cm thick. Season with salt and pepper, coat in the flour or ground almonds, then dip them into the egg mix, and finally dip them into the oat crumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, and cook the turkey schnitzels for 4 minutes on each side until golden- brown and cooked through. Repeat with the other turkey schnitzels and serve with the parsnip fries and some rocket.
Turkey Schnitzel with Parsnip Chips
674kcals, 23g fat, 15.5g saturated fat, 53g protein, 10g fibre, 58g carbohydrate, 7g sugar, 0.3g salt
British Turkey has teamed up with health coach and best-selling cookery writer, Madeleine Shaw. Madeleine has created a selection of delicious recipes to promote the benefits of cooking with turkey, a lean and versatile protein, to those looking to live a healthy lifestyle.
*Recipe and recipe photography by British Turkey*
*No Payment was received*