Hello lovelies. How are you keeping?
Are you a fan of carrot cake? Me and my Daughter love it here.
Fancy making a yummy carrot cake up today?
Today I have a guest post to share with you: Our carrot cake recipe is light and moist with a creamy cheese and yogurt frosting.
Makes: 1 cake
Serving: 6 – 8 slices
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
How to make carrot cake:
You will need:
- 150g light brown sugar
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 150g self raising flour, sifted
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g raisins
- 100g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- 200g soft cheese
- 75g icing sugar
- 70g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 18cm/7inch round loose bottom tin.
- Using a mixer with a balloon whisk, whisk the sugar with the vegetable oil and then gradually add in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. Add the carrots, raisins and yogurt and mix thoroughly.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until firm to touch. Insert a skewer into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is cooked. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the frosting, beat the soft cheese with the icing sugar and yogurt until smooth.
- Decorate the cake with the frosting using a knife or the back of a spoon and spread to the sides. Transfer to a serving plate and slice.
*Guest post: Recipe and photography by Rachel’s*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think? Fancy making this carrot cake recipe up soon?
As always I would love to hear your thoughts. Do not forget, you can share your recipes with us tomorrow at The Wednesday blog hop.