It’s never too early for thinking of getting your Christmas recipes sorted; right? Today I have this yummy Christmas Pudding & Sherry Cheesecake to share. Perfect for a dinner date, special treat or party.
Love cheesecake? We do here.
How to make a Christmas Pudding & Cheesecake:
- 200g ginger biscuits
- 75g butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 orange
- 600g full-fat cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 4tbsp cream sherry
- 50g cooked and crumbled Christmas Pudding
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Edible gold leaf, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base of a 23cm (9in) cake tin with baking parchment. Finely crush the biscuits in a food processor. Melt the butter and cinnamon and mix with the crumbs. Press firmly into the base of the tin and chill.
- Grate the zest of half an orange and place in a food processor with the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, cream and sherry. Whizz until smooth then mix in the Christmas pudding. Add the cream cheese mixture on top of the biscuit base and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the cheesecake is baking, use a zester to pare away the remaining orange peel (or use a potato peeler, peel off strips of rind and shred finely). Place in a small saucepan with 4tbsp water and the granulated sugar, boil for 5 minutes until syrupy and then allow to cool.
- Turn off the oven and open the door. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove. Once cooled, remove from the tin and decorate with the strips of caramelised orange peel and flakes of edible gold leaf.
Fancy trying this?
Recipes courtesy of Sainsbury’s. No payment was received.
What do you think of this Christmas Pudding & Sherry Cheesecake?
Fancy trying out this recipe?
Let us know in the comments below, what you think.