Fancy making some Double Decker Freakshake Minicakes?
SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS.
Contains gluten (wheat), milk, nuts, egg, soya. Does NOT contain gelatin or alcohol.
- 125g butter, softened
- 200g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 10g baking powder
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml buttermilk
- 1 Marshmallow fluff jar
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g cream
- 25g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 50g milk chocolate
- 35g butter
- Choc finger/café curls
- 1 Double Decker, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (150 degrees fan). Line a mini muffin/cupcake tin with canape/mini muffin paper cups.
- For the mini canape cakes, cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer on high speed till light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix till combined. Tip in all the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed, scraping the sides down to mix well and until just coming together. Pour in the buttermilk and mix till you have a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
- Place a teaspoon of the batter into each cup in the prepared tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes before removing from tray on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, place the sugar in a shallow saucepan and caramelise over low-medium heat till amber. Simultaneously, place the cream and salt in a saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Pour the hot cream into the caramel and stir to combine over low heat (be careful as it can bubble up). Set aside in a bowl to cool.
- Fold 2/3 of the caramel sauce into the marshmallow fluff.Prepare a piping bag with a 1cm round nozzle and fill with the nougat frosting. Pipe small dollops on each cooled canape cake. Place in the fridge to set.
- For the chocolate glaze, melt the chocolate over a double boiler (or microwave in 10sec short bursts) and stir in the cubed butter pieces and keep stirring till well combined and glossy.
- Dip each frosted canape cake into the glaze and set aside.
- Fill a piping bag with the remaining salted caramel sauce and snip off a bit from the tip to create a small piping hole. Swirl the sauce over each canape cake.
- Decorate with chopped Double Decker pieces and a chocolate covered biscuit/café curl for the “straw”.
Recipe c/o Cadbury Double Decker. No payment was received.