Gado Gado Salad Bowl anyone?
(Dairy + Gluten Free)
This bowl full of Indonesian salad is big on taste and great for sharing.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
How To Make A Gado Gado Salad Bowl:
What you need:
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 25g coconut sugar
- 60g Meridian hazelnut butter
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- Juice of a lime
- 1tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Meridian tamari sauce
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
For the salad:
- 200g new potatoes, quartered
- 100g broccoli, in small florets
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 2 spring onions
- ½ chinese leaf
- A few prawn crackers
What you do:
- To make the dressing, put all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth and well combined.
- For the salad, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 3 minutes. Then add broccoli to the pan and continue to simmer for another 4-5 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and the broccoli is al dente.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the eggs into boiling water for 1 minute, turn off the heat and put the lid on and leave for 7 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water then peel once they are cool enough to handle.
- Grate the carrot, slice the spring onion and chinese leaf.
- Construct the salad by smearing the inside of two wide bowls with some of the dressing then fill with the cooked and raw vegetables. Cut the eggs in half and add those to the bowl along with a few prawn crackers. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Meridian Foods*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Gado Gado Salad Bowl?
Fancy trying it?
Share your thought in the comments below.