Halloween spice biscuits anyone?
Preparation time:20 minutes + chilling
Cooking time:15 minutes
Total time:35 minutes + chilling
Makes: About 20 biscuits
How To Make Halloween Spice Biscuits:
- 150g Stork (from a block)
- 100g Waitrose Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 1 Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Medium Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp essential Waitrose Pure Clear Honey
- 300g Waitrose Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Cooks Ingredients Ground Mixed Spice
- ½ tsp Cooks Ingredients Ground Cinnamon
- 200g Tate and Lyle Icing Sugar, sieved
- Coloured sprinkles (optional)
- Dr.Oetker Writing Icing (Brights and Neon Glitter)
How to make:
- In a bowl, beat together the Stork and sugar with an electric whisk until pale and creamy. Add the egg and honey, then sift in the flour and spices. Mix well to form a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper. Unwrap the dough and place between 2 clean sheets of clingfilm. Roll out to a 5mm thickness. Using Waitrose Halloween Creepy Cookie Cutter or 7cm round cutters, cut out 20 shapes and arrange on an essential Waitrose Baking Sheet.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To decorate the biscuits, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough hot water (about 2 tablespoons) to make a smooth icing. Spread over the cooled biscuits and sprinkle with the Halloween sprinkles (if using) and decorate with the coloured writing icing.
*Recipe and recipe photo provided by Waitrose*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Halloween Spice Biscuits?
Fancy making some?
Why not try now or pin for Halloween?