Are you looking for any cocktail recipes for any occasions that might be coming up?
Christmas, Valentines day, a weekend treat?
Heston’s rhubarb fizz anyone?
“With its deep pink tinge and seductively unusual combination of flavours, this is the perfect Champagne cocktail for Valentine’s Day..” -Heston
Preparation time:5 minutes
Total time:1 hour 5 minutes
How To Make A Heston’s Rhubarb Fizz:
- 30g Tate & Lyle Fruit Sugar (or fructose)
- 30g white caster sugar
- 500g rhubarb, chopped into very thin slices
- 20ml grenadine
- 24g Chase Rhubarb liqueur (optional, from selected stores)
- ½ vanilla pod, halved and seeds scraped out
How To Make:
- Place the fruit sugar, caster sugar, rhubarb, grenadine, liqueur and the seeds of the vanilla pod into a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water, allow to stand for 1 hour. Remove the bowl, strain through a fine sieve and place both the reserved rhubarb syrup and the compote in separate bowls in an iced water bath.
- Place 1½ tbsp of rhubarb compote with some of the reserved syrup into 2 chilled Champagne flutes, and fill to the top with chilled Champagne.
*Recipe and recipe photo provided by Waitrose*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Heston’s Rhubarb Fizz?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
The Perfect ‘Passion Fruit Martini’:
Are you a fan of passion fruit and vodka?
If so, I have a lovely recipe to share with you:
How To Make A Watermelon And Lime Blast:
This cool cocktail will bring a blast of flavour to your taste buds!
A tasty combination of watermelon, lime, sugar, vodka, blueberries and watermelon slices and mint sprigs to garnish. Whats not to love?