MUMMIES’ REVENGE: Gingerbread men are coming to haunt you!
Preparation: 20 minutes, plus decorating
Cooking: 12-15 minutes
How To Make Mummies Revenge Biscuits:
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
- 1 large egg
- 350g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 500g white ready-to-roll icing
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Black and red writing icing
How to make this recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Line 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Measure the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and Black Treacle into a jug and add the egg. Beat well until thoroughly mixed, then set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ginger into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar. Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg mixture and stir to combine, then draw the mixture together and knead lightly until smooth. Wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 0.5cm. Cut out gingerbread men with cutters and arrange on the baking trays, allowing some room for spreading. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool for 10 minutes on the trays, then transfer to cooling racks until completely cold.
- To decorate, roll out the icing thinly and use the gingerbread man cutter to cut out shapes, placing them onto the biscuits. Cut the mini marshmallows in half, and fix them in place with a little writing icing for the eyes. Use the black icing to mark out the ‘bandages’ and the red icing to highlight the eyes.
Guest post from Tate and Lyle.
No payment was received.
What do you think of these Mummy Revenge Biscuits?