Happy wonderful Wednesday.
Looking for a nice and creamy mousse recipe?
How about trying this Peach and Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe?
This elegant peach and passion fruit mousse recipe is light and refreshing, the perfect end to a special meal.
Perfect to try not or save for a special event.
How to make a Peach and Passion Fruit Mousse:
- 3 sheets gelatine
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 450g Rachel’s fat free peach and passionfruit yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g whipping cream
- 4 ripe peaches, skinned and sliced or 420g can of tinned peaches, pureed
PER SERVING (200g): 219 Kcal, Protein 5.8g, Carbs 18.4g, Sugar
18.2g, Fat 13.3g, Sat Fat 8.4g, Fibre 1g, Salt 0g
COST PER SERVING (200g): £0.51
Preparation time: 1 hour and overnight to set
- Begin by breaking the gelatine into a bowl and add the boiling water and mix. Leave to completely dissolve.
- Add the yogurt and lemon juice to the warm gelatine and mix thoroughly. Pour into a container or cover and leave to set in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the mousse whip the set yogurt with the cream using an electric whisk. Whip until soft peaks are formed and the mixture is glossy without lumps.
- Layer the mousse into serving glasses alternating with the peach puree.
- Return the layered mousse to the fridge to chill for approximately 40 minutes. This will allow the mousse to set and the bubbles to form.
Tip: Always add cold liquids to warm gelatine to ensure good setting properties.
Guest post. Recipe c/o of Rachels Organic. No payment was received.
What do you think of this Peach and Passion Fruit Mousse?
Have you made any mousse recipes before?
Fancy trying this recipe?
Perfect for an afternoon tea, special treat or dinner party.
Love for you to share your thoughts in the comments below.