Are you looking for a savoury treat to try out?
You may have tried bread and butter pudding but have you tried savoury cheese bread & butter pudding?
Fancy a savoury twist on a classic recipe?
How To Make An Savoury Cheese Bread & Butter Pudding:
You will need:
- 1 loaf sourdough, sliced
- 1 jar cranberry sauce
- 150g cheeses, selection of your choice
- Few sprigs of rosemary
- 3 eggs
- 500ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 100g hard cheese e.g. cheddar, grated
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Arrange the bread slices horizontally in a deep baking tray and spoon in the cranberry sauce in between each slice of bread .
- Add the cheeses of your choice followed by some sprigs of rosemary.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk and grated cheddar cheese and carefully pour over the bread.
- Allow the bread to soak up the mixture for a few minutes.
- Bake for 45 mins or until set with a golden brown crust and allow the pudding to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a few additional spoonfuls of cranberry sauce and rosemary sprigs.
Recipes courtesy of Sainsbury’s.
No payment was received.
What do you think of this Savoury Cheese Bread & Butter Pudding?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these sweet bread and butter pudding ideas:
Red Fruit And Brioche Bread And Butter Pudding:
Red Fruit And Brioche Bread And Butter Pudding anyone?
Red fruit and brioche bread and butter pudding. We’ve used a mix of dried summer berries in this pudding – you’ll find them in the baking section of most supermarkets.
They’re a mix of dried cranberries, cherries and blueberries. If you prefer though, you could use raisins or sultanas instead.
California Raisin & Apricot Bread & Butter Pudding:
Do you like to make a good old-fashioned bread and butter pudding?
If so, do you fancy making this California raisin & apricot bread & butter pudding recipe?
This afternoon treat is made with 50/50 bread or white bread depending on your preference.
Full of juicy California Raisins and chopped dried apricots. Also made with delicious double cream for that extra special touch.