Looking for something a little different for lunch?
Do you like eating salads in Autumn?
How about trying this Autumn salad?
Do you fancy trying this; Spiced Cider Pickled Carrot & Parsnip Ribbon Salad recipe out?
A salad full of carrots, parsnips, a bistro salad leaf bag, walnuts, honey and goats’ cheese, crumbled. With a tasty mulled cider vinaigrette.
How to make a Spiced Cider Pickled Carrot & Parsnip Ribbon Salad:
You will need:
Mulled cider vinegar:
- 360ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp juniper berries
- ½ teaspoon of black peppercorns
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 155g caster sugar
- 3 carrots, sliced thinly using a mandolin
- 3 parsnips, sliced thinly using a mandolin by Sainsbury’s bistro salad leaf bag
- 40g walnuts
- 20g honey (approx.)
- 40g goats’ cheese, crumbled
- Roughly chop the walnuts and spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle over with honey so that the walnuts are coated and toast in the oven at 180°C for 10minutes until the walnuts have caramelised; take out of the oven and season with salt.
- Make the mulled cider vinegar by combining all the ingredients into a saucepan and gently simmer for 20minutes allowing the spices to infuse then allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the slightly cooled pickle over the vegetable ribbons and pickle for 7minutes, then remove. Note – the longer the pickle the softer the vegetables will become – thinner slices will pickle quicker.
- Plate the salad by laying a bag of salad leaves on a plate and scatter the remaining ingredients. Drizzle the plate with some of the pickle as a dressing for the salad.
Recipes courtesy of Sainsbury’s. No payment was received.
What do you think?
Fancy making up a Spiced Cider Pickled Carrot & Parsnip Ribbon Salad?
Share your thoughts and leave a comment below if you get to try it.