Warm Pumpkin and Lentil Salad with Goat’s Cheese
- 120g Puy lentils
- 1 small pumpkin (approx. 800g), peeled, deseeded and cut in bite-sized chunks
- 2 large red onions, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 50g wild rocket
- 200g goat’s cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Put the lentils in a small pan with 500ml of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until they are tender.
- Meanwhile, put the pumpkin chunks in a baking tray with the onion quarters, drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with the cinnamon and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix with your hands to make sure everything is well coated in the oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or so until the pumpkin is tender and the onion is beginning to blacken.
- When the lentils are cooked, drain them and stir in the remaining tablespoonful of olive oil, the mustard, vinegar and parsley.
- Arrange the rocket leaves on a serving plate. Spread the pumpkin and onion mixture across the rocket, spoon over the lentils and, finally, crumble the goat’s cheese across the top.
Guest post credits: Bills Restaurant.
*No Payment was received for this post*