Today I am sharing a lovely winter warming recipe: Apple and Blackberry Breakfast Crumble with Pear and Cinnamon Custard. We love crumbles here, Especially when it is cold outside. Warm fruit crumble with thick custard, yummy!! This is a breakfast recipe but also a perfect treat for after Sunday dinner. 🍏
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 800g apples
- 80g ground almonds
- 175g blackberries
- 50ml agave syrup
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 160g oats
- 30g chia seeds
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 50g chopped pecans
- 80ml maple syrup
- 40ml olive oil
For the custard:
- 200ml Alpro Oat Original
- 1 very ripe pear
- ½ ripe banana
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel, core and quarter the apples and core the pear.
- Add the apples to a medium-sized saucepan with 50ml of water and cook over a medium heat for around five minutes to soften slightly.
- Remove from the heat and add the blackberries and agave syrup, mixing everything together.
- Fill four small ovenproof dishes or one large oven-proof dish with the apple mixture.
- Mix together the ground almonds, wholemeal flour, oats, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped pecans, maple syrup and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Rub the mixture together with your fingertips to make sure the oil and maple syrup is properly combined.
- Top your fruit mixture with the crumble and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the custard, pour the Alpro Oat Original into a blender and add the cored pear, banana, vanilla and cinnamon, then blend until smooth.
- Place the custard into a small saucepan and heat until warmed through, but not boiling and pour over the fruit crumble to serve.
*Recipe c/o Alpro Oat Original*
Do you like warm crumble and custard for breakfast or an after dinner treat?
Fancy making this apple and blackberry breakfast crumble with pear and cinnamon custard recipe?