Do you like eating jacket potatoes?
We love them here. Served up with all kinds of topping. Grated cheese and tuna mayo sweetcorn mix. Cheese and beans. Chilli and cheese. Corn beef, cheese and beans. You name it as long as cheese is involved, we love it.
How about making some sweet potatoes baked today?
We love baked potatoes with lots of topping on especially in Winter when the potatoes are at their best.
Today I am sharing a baked sweet potato and borlotti bean stew.
4 Servings – Cooking time: 30 minutes
Sweet potatoes are incredibly rich in antioxidant vitamins beta carotene and Vitamin E, both of which are required to keep the immune system functioning and to keep skin in good condition. When topped with the rich, thick bean stew all thoughts of your Cleanse will vanish!
Baked Sweet Potato And Borlotti Bean Stew recipe:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 diced large red onion
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 400g tomatoes
- 400g borlotti beans
- Preheat oven to 200c / 400F. Prick the potatoes all over. Rub with oil and place on a baking tray.
- Cook sweet potatoes until soft all the way when pierced with a knife. Meanwhile prepare the stew.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 5-10 minutes to allow the vegetables to soften and the sauce to thicken.
- Open up the baked sweet potato and add stew.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Jame Mind Body. No payment was received.
What do you think?
I will be making this recipe with a little grated cheese added to mine.
Fancy trying this recipe out?
Let me know if you get to make it.
What is your favourite jacket potato topping? Do you have to have cheese on yours too like me?