Santa loves mince pies, doesn’t he!?
I know why too! It is delicious.
Especially around Christmas time.
Fancy making your own mince pie filling?
Today I am sharing this tasty California Raisin Mincemeat recipe with you.
Just in time for Christmas 🎅
How To Make California Raisin Mincemeat:
Makes 4 x 1 litre preserving jars
- 1kg Bramley apples
- 4 oranges
- 4 lemons
- 400g suet
- 950g California Raisins
- 650g currants
- 700g Muscovado brown sugar
- 400g Italian chopped mixed peel
- 3 level tablespoons mixed spice
- 1 level dessertspoon of ground cinnamon
- 200ml of dark rum, calvados or brandy
How To Make:
- Core the apples (leave the skin on) and finely chop. Grate the zest of the oranges and lemons and set aside. Extract the juice from the oranges and lemons and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until evenly distributed. Add the fruit juice and alcohol, combine well.
- Sterilise the preserving jars and fill the jars with the mincemeat. Cover with a wax disc and seal. Store in a cool dark place will keep for 12 months.
Recipe c/o California Raisins
What do you think?
Fancy making your own California Raisin Mincemeat?
You might also like:
Homemade Mince Pies:
Homemade Mince Pies. Homemade mincemeat is absolutely delicious and this version is very quick and simple to make. The mincemeat and pastry recipe can also be used to make a large tart, which works very well as a Christmas dessert served with ginger ice cream or brandy flavoured crème anglaise.
Homemade Mince Pies.
Honestly Healthy Mince Pies:
Honestly Healthy Chef, Natasha Corrett, has created a special Christmas recipe for healthier Mince Pies.
Honestly Healthy Mince Pies.
Do not forget to stop by over the next few weeks if you are looking for more Christmas treat recipes to try out.