Are you looking for a cake recipe to make this weekend?
Fancy making up one of these Carrot cake with lemon mascarpone topping.
I love making and eating carrot cakes! Not sure which I prefer the most!? Most probable eating it!
From Braun Household.
How To Make Carrot Cake With Lemon Mascarpone Topping:
Carrot cake ingredients:
- 285g butter, softened
- 285g light brown soft sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 175g self raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 120g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250g young carrots, peeled and sliced finely
Lemon and mascarpone topping ingredients:
- 115g mascarpone cheese
- 225g soft cream cheese
- 85g icing sugar, sifted
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
How To Make:
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- For the cake, finely slice the carrots and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale, then gradually add in the egg yolks, orange juice and zest.
- Gently mix in the sifted flour, baking powder, ground almonds and cinnamon to this mixture, then fold in the carrots.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixing bowl until stiff, then fold them into the egg and flour mix. Pour into a mould and cook for about 50-55 minutes until golden and risen.
- Allow mixture to cool in the mould for 10 minutes then turn out and leave to cool for at least 1 hour.
When your cake is cool, make the icing by mixing all the ingredients together, then spread over the top of the cake.
Recipe c/o by Braun Household.
What do you think?
Fancy making a Carrot Cake With Lemon Mascarpone Topping?
What is your favourite kind of cake and which topping do you like on them?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Do not forget to stop by again soon for more inspiring recipes.