Are you hosting a Christmas party this year?
Having friends over for drinks and nibbles?
Family coming over for a bit of light lunch?
Are you looking for a tasty savoury snack idea?
What about these crostini?
Impress your guests with these bite-size treats.
They are so fun and easy to make.
These are perfect finger foods for any kind of parties.
They also look good and are so tasty too. You can experiment with different meats or cheese too. These ones are made with goats cheese, Branston pickles, walnuts and a few other ingredients all put together on a French baguette. Tasty. I am a big fan of Branston pickles, we love to buy a few jars especially around Christmas time.
Preparation time: 15 min
Goats Cheese Crostini:
You will need:
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds
- 1 garlic clove
- 300 g goats cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 1/2 360g jar Branston pickle
- A few thyme sprigs leaves picked
- 3 tbsp walnuts, chopped
How to make goats cheese crostini:
1. Toast the baguette rounds and, while still warm, gently rub with the garlic clove. Place on a plate and drizzle with the walnut oil.
2. Divide the goat’s cheese between the crostini, then spoon half a teaspoon of Branston pickle over each.
3. Sprinkle with the thyme sprigs and walnuts and serve immediately.
Recipe c/o Branston pickle.
What do you think?
Do you like the sound of these flavours together?
Fancy making some of these tasty snacks?
What toppings would you add to yours?
Let me know if you get to make some or if I have inspired you to make something like these.
We love making snacks every Saturday night for weekend treats. I can not wait to experiment with different toppings.