Fancy making some Greek lamb and Penne Pasta?
We all love eating pasta here.
Do you too?
Pasta always reminds me of me and my Husbands first dates, when he cooked me some for a romantic meal.
We eat plenty of pasta in our house, everyone loves it.
How To Make Greek Lamb And Penne Pasta:
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500g ground lamb
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 150g Atkins penne pasta
- 3 tbsps parmesan cheese
- 200g ricotta cheese
How To Make:
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 10 mins until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then add the lamb mince. Turn up the heat and brown the mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Once the lamb is browned, add the cinnamon, crumbled stock cube, tomatoes and oregano.
- Stir well and simmer for 15 mins, covered, then for 15 mins, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened and the tomatoes have cooked down.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne for 25 minutes until al dente and drain well. Heat oven to 180C.
- Mix together the ricotta, most of the parmesan and the milk with a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl then stir into the penne. Add the mince into a large baking dish, top with the pasta and scatter over the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve hot with a fresh side salad.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Atkins*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Greek Lamb And Penne Pasta recipe?
Fancy trying it?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below.
Hope you can stop by again soon.