Do you love to start the day with a nice and healthy breakfast?
Porridge is a perfect start to the day and today I have a tasty Maple Pear Porridge recipe to share with you.
How To Make Maple Pear Porridge:
You will need:
- 140g Quaker Oats
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 30g sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 800ml almond milk
For the maple pears:
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- a handful of flaked almonds
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Scatter the pumpkin and sesame seeds onto a roasting tray and toast in the oven for 20 minutes. Check every 5 minutes and give them a shake to ensure they toast evenly. Once golden, cool them, then store in a jar until breakfast.
- To make your breakfast, put 1 handful of toasted mix per person in a pan with the Quaker Oats and 200ml almond milk and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the pears and maple syrup in a separate pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until just warmed through.
- Serve your porridge topped with warm pear, a drizzle of maple syrup and flaked almonds.
Recipe courtesy of: Anna Jones has teamed up with Quaker Oats to celebrate the start of #PorridgeSeason – when Brits are expected to eat over 847 million bowls of porridge – by creating this delicious Maple Pear Porridge recipe. Check out 2016’s key porridge trends @QuakerOatsUK or visit Quaker.
What do you think of this Maple Pear Porridge recipe?
Fancy making some?
You may also like these porridge recipes:
Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge:
Another tasty twist to porridge; Roasted Plum and Fennel Porridge.
Energising Porridge by Barleycup. Barleycup is known for its delicious range of instant gluten-free drinks made from roasted cereals and chicory root, but it also makes a tasty addition to a host of recipes – from breakfast to drinks and desserts. Energising Porridge.