Parsnip And Cabbage Fritters anyone?
A simple veggie dish that even the kids will love.
How about trying these to add more veggies to your meals or even disguise the vegetables from the children. Genius idea!
How To Make Parsnip And Cabbage Fritters:
Serves four as a main, six as a starter
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 10 min
You will need:
- 400g parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1/2 head green cabbage (like Savoy), finely shredded (or you can also use left over Brussel sprouts)
- 3 eggs
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 6 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 tsp cumin
- Olive oil, for frying
- Branson pickle, to serve
- Salad, to serve
How To Make:
- Toss the parsnips and cabbage together in a large bowl.
- In a jug, whisk together the eggs, crème fraîche, flour, thyme and cumin then season with salt and pepper. Pour over the parsnips and cabbage and mix to coat completely.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and spoon in the fritter mixture – about two tbsp per fritter.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side over a medium heat, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve while still warm with a dollop of Branston pickle and the salad.
Recipe c/o Branston pickle.
What do you think of these Parsnip And Cabbage Fritters?
Fancy making some?
They would make great starters or side dishes.
You might also like these Brandston Pickle ideas:
Cheese, Pickle & Potato Pie:
Fancy trying this Cheese, pickle & potato pie?
I love cheese and pickle together.
Extra Tasty Lasagne:
Fancy making a tasty lasagna into an extra tasty lasagne?
Coronation Turkey Salad:
Fancy making this Coronation Turkey Salad up?
Autumn salads, how yummy!!
Perfect for around Christmas time when you have some leftover Turkey.
An alternative and healthy way to use your turkey leftovers.