Roasted Plum and Fennel Porridge anyone?
Porridge is a perfect breakfast to start the day for those chilly mornings in Autumn/Winter.
(This recipe contains nuts).
How To Make Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge:
- 40g Quaker Oats
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
Roasted Plums (serve 8):
- 4 red plums, cut into eighths
- 35g tbsp light brown sugar
- 15g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp roughly chopped pistachios
How To Make:
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- To roast the plums place the sliced plums into a small roasting dish and sprinkle over the sugar and the butter.
- In a mortar and pestle lightly grind the fennel seeds. They don’t have to be a powder, just broken open to release the flavor.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the plums.
- Place the roasting dish into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the fruit occasionally until soft and tender but still holding their shape.
- Put the Quaker Gluten Free oats into a saucepan, pour in the semi-skimmed milk.
- Bring it to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, by stirring it continuously.
- Once the porridge is ready pour a portion into a bowl and top with 4 slices of plum and a little of the syrup from the pan.
- Sprinkle over the pistachios and serve.
*Recipe c/o Edd Kimber Recipes for Quaker*
What do you think of this Roasted Plum And Fennel Porridge recipe?
Fancy making some up one chilly morning?
You might also like these recipes:
Apple & Maple Syrup porridge with Pistachio Nuts:
This is simply your usual porridge made up with milk topped with a grated apple, bit of lemon juice on the grated apple to keep it fresh, maple syrup and pistachio nuts. Yummy!!
Maple Pear Porridge.
Cinnamon Spiced Morning Porridge Bowl:
I love anything sweet with cinnamon in it.
Do you too?
If so you will love this recipe.