We love making fun large or mini trifles recipes up for a special weekend treat, party idea or to share over Christmas.
Homemade trifles taste so good too, don#’t you think?
They always remind me of Christmas as every year when I was little you could guarantee a nice big homemade trifle on our Christmas tea party table.
Then we would go to Grandmas house on Boxing day and she would have made one too.
How To Make Homemade Individual Trifles:
- 1 pack strawberry Jelly ( that make 1 pint of jelly)
- 8 Trifle sponge fingers
- 4 Clementine juiced
- 411g Tin of Fruit Cocktail
- 1 Pint of home made custard (made up)
- 4 Clementines pealed and separated
- 250 ml Double cream
- 4 Chocolates chunks
How To Make:
- Make up jelly by putting broken jelly pieces into a jug and adding half a pint of boiling water, stir until all jelly has melted.
- Squeeze 4 clementines, sieve the juice and stir into the jelly, make up to 1 pint of liquid with water leave for a while to cool.
- Place the fruit cocktail into a sieve and drain all juice from the fruit (if not the jelly will not set properly) pick out 4 cherries and set aside for the top.
- Break a trifle sponge for each into 4 and place at the bottom of the tall glass, divide the fruit cocktail into all 4 glasses then repeat with the 2nd trifle sponge.
- Now the jelly should have cooled tip over the fruit and sponges evenly into 4 glasses.
- Place in a refrigerator until completely set.
- Make up 1 pint of custard according to custard packet and set aside to cool and set.
- Once everything is completely set add the custard to the 4 glasses.
- Peel the clementines removing any pips and place one on top of each trifle around the outside of the custard.
- Place the cream in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Spoon onto the clementines.
- Grate the chocolates with a fine nutmeg grater and sprinkle onto each placing the saved cherries in the middle.
Do you like to make homemade trifles?
What would you put in yours?