What’s for Dinner?
Welsh Lamb Curry With Aubergine & Figs maybe?
Fancy making this Welsh Lamb Curry with Aubergine & Figs recipe?
How To Make Welsh Lamb Curry With Aubergine & Figs:
- 675g (1½lb) Lean Welsh Lamb shoulder, cubed
- 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml (2tbsp) Garam masala
- 450ml (¾pt) Lamb stock
- 5ml (1tsp) Cinnamon
- 1 Aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 6 Dried figs, roughly chopped
For the Coriander Salsa:
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) Fresh mint, chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 Green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
How To Make:
1.) Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
2.) Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot. Add the Welsh Lamb cubes and brown on all sides. Add the onion and garlic, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the garam masala and coat all the ingredients.
3.) Add all remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, cover with lid or foil. Cook in preheated oven for 1½-2 hours until meat is tender and sauce thickened.
1.) Mix together in a small bowl all the ingredients.
- Serve the curry scattered with coriander salsa and rolled up chapatis.
Recipe c/o Eat Welsh Lamb.
What do you think of this Welsh Lamb Curry With Aubergine & Figs recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these posts:
Slow Cooked Curried Shoulder of Welsh Lamb:
One for Sunday Dinner.
Slow Cooked Curried Shoulder of Welsh Lamb.
Welsh Lamb Leg Steaks with Autumn Chutney:
Or maybe you like the sound of this Welsh Lamb Leg Steaks with Autumn chutney?
Welsh Lamb and Pumpkin Pie:
Or maybe a nice and tasty pie?
Welsh Lamb and Pumpkin Pie.
Racks Of Welsh Lamb With Rosemary, Lemon And Garlic:
Fancy trying this Racks Of Welsh Lamb With Rosemary, Lemon And Garlic?