Welsh Lamb Leg Steaks with Autumn chutney anyone?
How To Make Welsh Lamb Leg Steaks with Autumn Chutney:
- 4 lean Welsh lamb leg steaks
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½” (1.25cm) root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 plums, stoned and roughly chopped
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and
- 150ml (¼pt) red fruit juice, e.g. blueberry, cranberry, etc
- 50g (2oz) soft dark brown sugar
How To Make:
- In a small pan heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, cook for a few minutes until softened. Add plums, apple, fruit juice and sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes until reduced and slightly sticky.
- Season the lamb steaks. Preheat a grill or griddle plate and cook lamb steaks for about 4-6 minutes each side (depending on thickness of steak).
- When cooked place on a plate, add a small knob of butter to the top of each steak and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve steak with buttery juices, Autumn Chutney and seasonal vegetables.
Guest post credits:
Eat Welsh Lamb And Welsh Beef. No payment was received.
What do you think of this Welsh Lamb Leg Steaks with Autumn Chutney recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these posts:
Welsh Lamb and Pumpkin Pie:
Fancy making some pies? Yummy, we love making pies.
How about trying this one;
Welsh Lamb Curry With Aubergine & Figs:
Fancy trying this Welsh Lamb Curry With Aubergine & Figs recipe?
Welsh Lamb Nachos:
Love nachos? We make plenty of nachos here and we are always on the lookout for new ways to serve them. How about making some of these Welsh Lamb Nachos?
Teasy Spider Welsh Beef Burgers:
These Teasy Spider Welsh Beef Burgers are perfect for Halloween or any spider themed birthday party ideas.
Fancy trying any of these recipes?
Share your thoughts in the comments below if you get to try them.