Hands up who loves cheese?
We love a nice cheese board and a glass of red wine sometimes at the weekend. How about you?
Today I am sharing a tasty looking cheeseboard idea that is perfect for sharing at Christmas.
Bramley, Cranberry and Rosewater Jelly with Davidstow® cheddar.
This winter themed jelly pairs perfectly with Davidstow® 3 Year Special Reserve Vintage and Davidstow® 18 Month Extra Mature cheddar and can be made and stored well in advance for the busy Christmas period.
- 550g Bramley apples
- 500g cranberries
- 1.5ml water
- 2 capfuls of rosewater
- 1 lemon
- 500g caster sugar
1. Boil the above ingredients, apart from the caster sugar, rose water and lemon, until they have broken down.
2. Use a cheesecloth to strain the liquid and leave this to drain for a few hours to ensure you extract the maximum amount of juice.
3. Place 600ml of drained liquid and caster sugar into a saucepan. Bring this up to a rapid boil, then using a sugar thermometer, bring the mixture up to 105˚c, skimming any scum which may rise to the surface frequently.
4. Now add the rosewater and a squeeze of lemon juice. Pour this mixture into your sterilised Kilner jar and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
5. Once cool, seal the lid airtight. This will keep well for up to 1 month.
Recipe c/o: Created by Lee Westcott for Davidstow®. No payment was received.
Do you fancy making this Bramley, Cranberry And Rosewater Jelly With Davidstow® Cheddar recipe?
A perfect sharing recipe to try out now. Plan for Christmas. Try on the weekend as a nice treat. Or any occasion really.
Let me know in the comments below if you get to try this recipe out. Make now or pin for another day 🙂
What would be on your cheese board?