How much fun are Prawn cocktails? I love prawns in anything and everything. Especially in salads though with prawn sauce.
They bring back fun memories of being a teenager. If I was ever to go out for a meal, I would always order one of these. I use to go to the pub with my mum and dad occasionally at the weekend and the seafood man always use to come around selling seafood nibbles. I always had to have the prawns and Rosemary dressing.
I love making them too. So posh and they are so retro. I am thinking the good old 80’s but never go out of fashion. How about trying this recipe out with a modern day twist?
Fancy shaking up your usual prawn cocktail recipe and adding some Cavolo Nero and Cranberry sauce into you next one? Of course with lots of prawns, seafood sauce and the traditional paprika!
How to make a Cavolo Nero, Cranberry & Prawn Cocktail:
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- ½ x 500g pack cavolo nero
- 75g seafood sauce
- 1 tbsp cranberry sauce (30g)
- 300g frozen cooked, peeled prawns, defrosted
- ¼ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Cook the cavolo nero in boiling water for 5 minutes, cool under cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix the seafood sauce and cranberry sauce together, stir in the prawns and season.
- Divide the cavolo nero between 4 glass serving dishes, top with the prawn mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
- Try using large tiger prawns and hot paprika for an extra special starter.
Recipe c/o Discover Cavolo Nero.
Are you a fan of the classic prawn cocktail?
Fancy trying this modern version out with a Cavolo Nero twist?
Let me know in the comments below your thoughts and if you get to try it out.
A fun party food recipe. This will get people talking.