Hello, did you know there is a thing as porridge season?
When Brits are expected to eat over 847 million bowls of porridge!
Do you love porridge for breakfast?
Fancy jazzing it up a little for porridge season?
How about trying this Cinnamon Spiced Morning Porridge Bowl?
Delicious. I love adding cinnamon to my morning porridge.
How To Make A Cinnamon Spiced Morning Porridge Bowl:
You Will Need:
- 160g Quaker Oats
- 400ml milk of your choice (recommendation: unsweetened almond milk)
- 200ml cold water
- 2 dates
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoons of raisins or currants
- a scattering of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 apple (grated)
How To Make:
- Get all your ingredients and equipment together.
- Put the Quaker Oats and milk into a saucepan with 200ml of cold water and a pinch of salt and start to warm it over a medium heat.
- De-stone and roughly chop the dates and add to the pan with all the spices and the vanilla extract.
- Stir the porridge and cook until it is thick and creamy.
- Once you’ve got it to the consistency you like, take it off the heat and spoon it into bowls, adding a squeeze of honey if you like your porridge sweet.
- Top with almond butter, a scattering of raisins and hemp seeds, coconut yoghurt and a good grating of apple. Hand-warming bowls of the good stuff.
Anna Jones has teamed up with Quaker Oats to celebrate the start of #PorridgeSeason – when Brits are expected to eat over 847 million bowls of porridge – by creating this delicious Cinnamon Spiced Morning Porridge Bowl recipe. Check out 2016’s key porridge trends @QuakerOatsUK or visit Quaker.
What do you think of this Cinnamon Spiced Morning Porridge Bowl recipe?
Fancy trying some?